Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Week One: What a beginning!

How can you believe it but not believe it at the same time?
I have never read through the entire Bible before, ever! But this year 2010 will be different...I can feel it already. I new sense of expectancy, a new sense of excitement, a desire to know all I can about the book I am to use as a road map for this life!

I began this week in Genesis, the place you should begin, The Beginning. It's interesting to me that as I read, the fact that I've heard, read and taught this story before didn't help me, it actually hendered me. I began to skim right over the words themselves. I caught myself, slowed down and really took the time to see what I was reading. It makes me wonder how often we read things and don't see them, don't take the time to soak up what the Lord has for us in it.

As I saw it, I began to realize that God created this place for us to praise Him. So that every time we see a beautiful flower, a dolphin gliding on the water, a child's precious glance, the love of a spouse, the warmth of the sun on our skin... He did each and every thing so that we would remember Him and Praise Him! Now, I know this but when you are reminded of the things you know you remember them :)

This year is going to be like no other.
I can't wait to learn the things I don't know and remember things I do!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How is it going!? What have you learned?