Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Continuing the Pilgimage Through Prayer

At times I find it hard to do it right.
I mean really focus or say the right thing.
Good news is, God isn't looking for me to do it right.
He isn't looking for me to say the right things.

All He wants is my honesty, humility and time...


Matthew tells the way the hypocrites and pagans prayed back in the day...standing in front of everyone so they could be seen...babbling on and on hoping to have their many words heard.


My Prayer is for our Unseen Father, to help me to pray not for the reward of others but for His reward. For Him to show me how to just talk to Him about life about the everyday stuff that I am happy about, confused about and dealing with. He already knows our every need even before we ask! So, see we don't have to do it right or have the right words cause He already knows it all.
He just wants us to be with Him!


In the Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector we are told not to pray with pride, in a way that's all about us ie. Thank you that I'm notlike so and so... I' so glad I do this and that. We should Humble ourselves before the Lord and He will lift us up James 4:1. We/I need to be honest, open up about my stuff (cause remember, He does already know it) and trust Him. Lay my Pride aside and humble myself before Him.


I pray that you and I would quiet ourselves
and take time to spend with our God.
Go ahead... Nobodys watching but Him...It's quiet...
And the Lord who created You and wants to talk with you is waiting...

No comments: