Monday, August 3, 2009

This can't make things worse!

Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18


So, I've decided to start counting my blessings. I read this weekend that we really are made to worship and praise the Lord and what better way to do that than begin taking note of all the blessings around us. No matter how small or insignificant it may seem, the things God has placed around us and the moments He allows us to experience are meant for His Glory, for His praise!

Today I'm going to begin praising Him by recognizing His gifts to me and really to all of us! My goal is 1000 and I'm not going to set a time frame other than posting them every Monday. I'll count them and jot them down throughout the week then compile them all here. I can't wait to see how fast they add up! Here Goes!

1. Fresh cut grass
2. The Colors of the sunset
3. Quiet times
4. Red Lights which make me slow down and absorb the moment
5. A child's curiosity
6. The armor of God
7. Friends that love me like Jesus does, no judgement, no expectation, just unfailing love
8. Gods word which I am learning to buckle around my waist
9. Cool pool water in the heat of Summer
10. Time to take in the nature around me and fall in love all over again

No comments: